Sunday 11 October 2009

More about this blog

I feel I need to expand a little on the info in the header box. Whereas you'll already know that it's about aggregating full streaming films from various sites, I want to point out the legality of this venture. Those films that I find on sites like YouTube and Google Video I assume to be public licence, that is - free to distribute to anyone. You will notice, as I add more, that most of the films are old.
It makes sense really as newer films aren't generally going to be available for free. But in the case of documentaries like Zeitgeist and Home, the whole intention is that they are freely available to watch.
I'll only post films that have at least a 5/10 rating on IMDB.com. I don't want to fill up this blog with rubbish!
From this, you can expect to see newer films/ documentaries (as long as they aren't just some cheap attempt to create a conspiracy, they have to have a decent rating overall), films from the 60s back to the 20s and maybe even earlier.
I've been notified of archive.org which also has lists of films that you can legally download for free. They are similar to the ones I'll link to here but I feel that, for one, "archive" is a cumbersome site which takes ages to get anywhere and two, this blog is so that you don't have to download the films. Just click on your choice and you're away.
I will also link to films in other languages and make a note of what language they are in. Unless there are already subtitles on the films, they won't be available. There's nothing I can do about that.
I'd like to be able to provide an enjoyable service in this way and as mentioned at the top, your help would also be appreciated to locate more films that are legally streamed. Just send me an email (the address under the counter) with the link and if there's no information, your synopsis of the film.
Otherwise, feel free to leave your comments about the films, suggestions for the blog and your appreciations for my efforts. ;)
Thanks and I hope you find this blog useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.